23 October, 2000

MRI scans - bone met

Dad just got his MRI scan results back today. He has a very small bone met in the marrow of his hip. It's been hurting him for a long time... I think it may even have been there before we knew about his kidney.

It's absolutely terrifying, demoralizing, sad... you name it, we're all feeling it. Dad seems to be handling it it well... from what I heard, Mom, not quite so good. I'm mixed. It wasn't a big surprise, but in this case I definitely would have preferred a surprise. Bursitis, arthritis, anything other than more cancer. On the other hand, it was so small that it didn't show up on x-ray, only MRI, so, especially if this has been there since before everything started... it's not such a terrible thing. Bad, but not as absolutely awful as it could be.

Dad & I played 9 holes of golf at Highlands on Saturday. It was a little windy, and not the best round Dad has ever played... but we had a very good time together, and it sure meant a lot to me. I guess I.m just desperately hoping that he's got a lot more golf ahead of him.

No comments: