16 August, 2004

A few special responses to our experience with the falling star

As usual, I'll obscure names to respect the privacy of these messages.

Thanks, P. It has now been one year he has been in my thoughts and prayers... the Lakota believe it is very good medicine to pray for those who have gone before us, as I have heard it said. In fact the Lakota believe you only give up your earthly body which belongs to Mother Earth and that your Spirit (the true essence of a person) lives on in the Spirit world only to come back another day. Everything is cycles/never ending circles of love, balance, caring and learning etc. I tend to read a passage from their teachings to start each day at the office...it works for me.

Another of the Lakota beliefs is that a person's wealth is measured not by what they possess but by what one gives away...which is just about the most enlighted thought I can remember in my life. The noblity of people with such a philosophy cannot be denied. Thanks for giving away some of your thoughts of Eric and your mom, we are all the richer for it.

My mom sends me messages frequently. As time goes by, you'll be able to read them more and more from your dad. They're particularly evident at times when he'd be interested, or involved or enthusiastic about something going on...and you will soone realize that he will be with you for ever and ever.

Thanks for the poignant story of his first celestial message to you and your mom. I know it came from him.

Thank you for the personal note. Your eloquence and consideration in sharing your experience has touched me somewhere special.

I have been thinking about Eric, too. It seems he was always willing to help me with something, when no one else had the brains to do it. I'll bet I have told *my wife* or someone at work "I miss Eric" fifty times this last year. And now I miss him again. We had a wonderful opportunity to know him.

P,
This was lovely to read in so many ways.

1) I believe in signs and coincidences and I do think your dad said hello :)
2) I'm glad that you're finding peace in his passing and beautiful ways to cherish his memory. I'm coming up on two years to when I lost my aunt to cancer and sometimes I think it gets harder than easier. Notes like yours remind me that we should all find peace.
3) I sent your msg to my family, I hope that's okay. We get caught up in the little things sometimes and don't cherish the moments we have together. I hope this message means as much to them, as it meant to me.

Thank you for thinking of me. I'm thinking happy thoughts of you and your family!!

No comments: