11 August, 2003

One of the most poignant and powerful photos I've ever taken...

I'm attaching 2 photos to this entry, the first is nice, but it's the second that really gets me. I only wish that I'd had a better camera with me. It truly illustrates the value of camera phones and always having access to a camera. There is no other way that I could have captured or shared this memory, and it's extremely special to me.

The first shot (of 2 here) that I took was of dad holding T and being fully aware of that fact. He was communicating with my sister and mom via smiles, his eyes, and trying to mouth-out/whisper words. In this shot, if I remember correctly, dad was simply expressing his joy that he was holding his grandson... Mom and my sister were basking in his joy.



This is the much more important shot for me, it's mom and dad's first kiss in 3 months, and the last kiss that they ever share. Dad instigated it by looking up at mom and making "kissy-face" at her... puckering and smiling. It was a simple kiss, but one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

No comments: